Friday, January 18, 2008

Ready to move on

Last year I pounced on the end-of-Christmas, cleaning up every last remnant one day post-New Year's. I was ready to dive into 2007, a 3-month-old on my hip (not sitting quite yet) and much to get back into order. The only mistake I recall from that year (looking back) was interrupting our family with a pooch. We survived, and adjusted, and we continue to adapt.

He's a sweet dog, shame on me for having hard-feelings for a pup. My hands are just fuller, standards of clean somewhat lower, and those days before he arrived crystal clear. Everything happens for a reason, I guess (even those bouts of insanity).

I'm aiming for another good one, haven't you come to expect it? It took a bitter cold, nasty, hell-has-froze-over day like today to get me started. I even skipped open gym (can you imagine?!) Christmas 2008 is going to be the best Christmas ever, I already know it! I learned well that too many toys takes away from our enjoyment. Last year found me scurrying in and out of stores last minute, do we have enough, do we have enough, was my concern. This year we kept it simple.

Our collection of SpongeBob Legos is growing, and if memory serves me right, that's about it.
A couple of educational games nabbed for Lauren, GameBoy this and Playstation that, oh, and aside from Santa's delights there were the robes.

All packed up, this time I did it right. My favorite store, Target, thrilled me with their selection of boxes, every ornament in its place. Boys box, girls box, Mom and Dad's special box. What fun we'll have, see you there!


CHRISTMAS 2008, or bust!

No comments: