Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Hot Dog Bun joke

It was funny to me, okay?

So, I make my kids lunch everyday to send with them to camp. The first week, if you remember, there was extra candy included for new friends. Well, second week I decided to play a little joke on them.

You see, everyone always makes fun of homeschooled kids for being weird. And I'm not just talking about brilliant teasing, you know, changing my son's name from Colton to 'Nicole' because it's hilarious.

Besides, that's too easily resolved with, "I don't make fun of your name, so why make fun of mine?"

The best thing about making fun of homeschooled kids while they're still little though, is that they often trust people will never do such wicked things. They expect more of society, and that is their right as young citizens.

But as my homeschooled children's mother, I'm allowed a little fun every now and again, aren't I?


So here's the joke, thanks for sticking with me so far.

You know how everyone likes to make fun of homeschooled kids? And if quizzing them on things you don't even know yourself doesn't satisfy your vampiric spirit, then you can always make fun of their lunches.

I'm not talking hot lunches like waffles, pancakes, etc...that's our daily breakfast, or even tomato soup with crackers, that's healthy, not funny. And you can't pick something so obvious as the brown bread we choose for them over that white sponge Wonder variety.

Well you know me, I took this little prank one step further, observe:



You can guarantee every kid will ask, "What's that you're eating?"

Why, it's a tuna fish sandwich if you're the boy, or it's peanut butter and jelly if you're the girl.



What's so funny about that you ask?

Hee, hee, hee...I can barely hold it in.



(We were never even out of bread in the first place!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this post and the joke :)
How is your daughter? And how are you?
Hope things are ok :)
Cheers,
Anita