Thursday, October 2, 2008

Back by popular demand

Had I forseen this previously unforseeable return, I'd have warned myself. But alas, my fate is in the stars, and who am I to question our stellar destinies? I have so much to wax on and on about, most especially where it concerns homeschooling...and spelling, and poetry, and "living math" (ever heard of that?) We're having a great year so far, to say the least.

And say the least I am, simply because I've got two tidbits worth sharing, and nada much else. For now. Firstly, can you say Wa Wa Wubsy (that's how I'd say it, even if it is Wow! Wow! Wubbzy), on Nickelodeon. Well, talk about free train tickets for kids, oh my!

S'right, just have to buy a DVD, which all my lady friends agree is "cute enough" and harmless. So buy one for all your friends, or however many kid tickets you need to call life a vacation.

Secondly, boring spelling, I never knew phonograms could be so fun! Seriously, learn all the spelling rules you never knew we had, and thank your public school teachers for giving fresh cause to re-learn all these tricks-o-da-trade (for the National Spelling Bee, of course!)

Oh, and here's a freebie...'cause I gots some housecleaning to do. Geography Fair is in just 3 weeks, and the United Kingdom was the most excellent choice (more later). It's not just participants who are invited:

Enjoy a yearly festival of the success we call homeschooling, and ask all the "what kind of nut are you" questions you like!

Another one? A really, really classic idea made manifest? I'd Wa Wa Wubzis for Christmas sometime.

No comments: