Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Eye of the beholder



The older I get, the less conservative I become.

I've never found the Bratz collection to be offensive, but edgy.

Sure, it took some getting used to (clothes won't fit on Barbie?)

And snap-off shoes, I'm just confused, "we think it's cool, Mom."

Okay, me too then.



Of course, I'm homeschooling fashion designer daughters.

And from that point of view, it's risky choices that draw followers.

The belt buckle incident, well it's parents that guide their children's behaviors, I'm among the few, we non-objectors.

Society has SOME responsibility I suppose, to parade proper values that we'd never rebel at.

We'd just cheer them on, right? Yes, that's community spirit!



I don't blame it on the toy makers (we all need hobbies) for their wrong-bred inspirations.

It's those devils on the catwalk I take issue with, instead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like how you described it as edgy, he he he. At first I thought they were a bit too much but I've come to agree with what you said, edgy.
I love how your girls are drawing and expressing their creativity with Bratz dolls. Very talented. Goes to show that anything can be a learning tool, even Bratz.
Thank you for stopping by Ovolina and for your insightful comment on spanking :)
Cheers,
Anita