Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Me and my comments

I have many years of experience leaving comments on people's sites. I've no discrimination, be it a mommyblog, or Motherlode, c'mon don't deny it...it's nice having our voices heard.

Whether I'm picking on Earl Pomerantz for being Jewish
(c'mon he gets a chuckle too),

or trying to keep my band of girls tight, and part of the Momvo,

...it's an art, despite what others tell you, standing out from your fellow herd.

Secret number one, aim for "first comment", but how...? Why, allow updates to rise to the top on your sidebar. And don't waste its prime position with web faux pas numero uno...but if you simply can't help it, throw in a curse word for good measure.

Secret dos, comment in Spanish, with a link to an online diccionario. Lest the rest of the online world dominators forget that intelligent people also speak Spanish.

Y tres, leave a link to your blog. Yes, I know it's obnoxious. But from now on I'm gonna scan through those blogs with 350 comments, and I'm only gonna click on the ones who brag up their blogs, like it's normal.

Cuatro, make friends. Yes, all you ladies to my right, you know who you are...amigas forever, I'm just that kind of girl. Make it easy on all of us, those who've yet to find their order (as in the Sisterhood of the Momversacion)... come join ours.

We accept all ranks, lifestyles, and reformers.

That said, thank you from the very bottom of my heart, Lisa Belkin. Your wonderful writing's sent nearly a thousand odd people to my doorstep. Some may stay friends!

And all I had to do was write a simple comment. Now, who's first?

---------------------
What topic would you like to see Lisa Belkin cover in the highly-visible NY Times Motherlode blog.

Or, if you like bonding with others, come on over to the Momversation, you're guaranteed to fit in.

12 comments:

Chris said...

ME FIRST ME FIRST !!!

Chris said...

Well son of a bitch... I probably wasn't first. I forgot about moderated comments.

Hola Amigas. Mi nombre es Christina. Err some shit like that.

Alright, I think I hit them all and I'll be heading to Momversation tomorrow. Now...
Vamos a mi blog muy fabuloso (okay, now I'm just makin crap up)

Pat said...

I think I'm the FIRST! am I..
anyways thanks for the TIPS..'Quizas les voy a usar' he he

Chris said...

Neener Neener I WAS first. =D

By the way, have I told you how much I love the picture in your header? I always wonder if he's out there writing his name in the snow.

Jess Kiley said...

It's a still shot from a little video, where he wanted me to dare him to run down into the snow barefoot. He did it!

Haasiegirl said...

we actually run our comments BACKWARDS so the latest one is on the top.......in a way, that makes the 1st comment obsolete.

trisha
momdot.com

momranoutscreaming said...

I think you are really sweet to put those beautiful links in your sidebar. That's why I have Commentluv on my blog. A little reciprocation for those who follow. It's only fair. Plus, you never know when you're going to make a new friend.

ahem - www.momranoutscreaming.com

Kellie

Jess Kiley said...

Oh, but first comment ho's are my favorite. I'd never make them go last.

Great job, Chris! Maybe next time, Patouchka!

Sarah Bonn said...

No surprise I'm not first. It's much easier to be first on my blog - in fact you will likely be the only one! I've got a few readers, but no one says much!
http://neoterictraditional/blogspot.com
Damn, how's that?

Chris said...

LOL She called me a ho and for some reason, I'm not the least bit insulted.

Jess Kiley said...

Ho-ney, it takes one to know one, that's all!

Anonymous said...

So I'm several days late or a month and always a dollar short but I still wanted to say a few thank yous for this post. I'm just starting out in the blogosphere and, while it's easy to start a blog, cracking the readership nut open seems a little tough. I've realized how much work it involves just by staying involved and I'm totally willing to do it. And I'm starting to see some growing traffic which is just like..WHEEE! Helpful advice goes a very long way. So thanks again.

Nice site too. I've been catching up on the past month or so and I'm determined to catch up to current tonight. Found your site off Momversation after our small exchange on Mindy's "apology". Everything you wrote was very well said. So of course I had to check you out and I found my way here.

Can't wait to read more in the future! And just because you said I should here's my shameless plug: http://www.mommysjoy.com :-)