Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A fruitful day

Unlike Earl, I don't have a wheelbarrow full of regrets in my lifetime. Maybe I don't exist under the same pressure he's been forced to live under, providing for his family AND being funny and creative on cue.

It's most likely where my husband and I veer off each other's courses...my life of luxury and leisure can't really go wrong (except in my head), while our lives can go crashing off-course if he drops even one ball of the seven zillion he keeps juggling.

Hence the compassion I'm trying to add to my repertoire. It's kind of embarrassing when I take an honest look at all I haven't accomplished in my life, and compare it to all I could accomplish if I went back to school or just got a regular job.

These are recent thoughts only, as it's possible that I once homeschooled successfully, might have had all my close friends within handy vicinity, and perhaps felt proud of the choices I've made that landed me here today...complaining and guilt-ridden.

No comments: