Monday, January 5, 2009

Award winning weekend



Well, isn't that charming! I arrived home from a perfectly indulgent weekend, only to find my first blog award in the comments.

(thanks, girl!)

At the very same time, Mindy drops by, and slings me her first official *comment. Color me honored.

Now, Mindy's my favorite blog designer ever. Generous soul that she is, she offered to make my blog over for free, which I declined. Must be my unpretentious genes, I like the simple restrictions of blogspot. Besides, with a bigger and better blog comes bigger and better responsibilities, at least I'd assume.



Take "So Not Domestic", she's giving away A Blog Makeover, which I'd refuse (but entered anyway!)

And then take these five fellow bloggers, who I'm dutifully nominating for their own friendship awards:

Pat's

Maria's

Aphra's

Cynthia's

Jodimichelle's

I now return to my previous New Year celebratin', fruit salad concoctin', Nespresso slurpin' business.






11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the nomination. I appreciate it wholeheartedly.
http://www.conversationswithmoms.com

Cynthia said...

you're swell. thanks friend ~

cynthia

Jess Kiley said...

It's not just a nomination, ladies. It's 5 shots at exclusive friendships. You know, like in real life...

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Yum coffee, Oh sorry that's all I saw ... LOL

You're welcome, hope you win so cool stuff :).

Aphra said...

Hey, thanks! I'm really honored :-) I've been meaning to get over here and officially tell you thanks for your comments you've contributed to my blog. I appreciate them very much! Look forward to getting more acquainted. Thanks again!

Aphra

Pat said...

Hi
THanks a lot for the nomination, being new to blogging I really did not know what a tight community there was online.
Thanks again I'm very honored
Pat

The Blonde Duck said...

Congrats on your awards! I'm going to check out Mindy's site!

Mindy said...

Did my comment even take? Do I need to stop dropping shots of Nyquill into my wine?

I totally read "Nespresso" as "Neosporin." Shows where my head's been at lately.

Also? In band camp? the bill came for sewing up my thumb: three grand. That's six hundred dollars per stitch. Done poorly.

Jess Kiley said...

Whoa!

Pat said...

Hi Again,
I posted a tribute (well not tribute more of a thank you ) to you on my blog.
Take Care
Pat

Jess Kiley said...

I know, I saw it, I LOVE it. It was totally a tribute!