Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Eleven letters short



When Lauren, my ten year old, took me up on the Scrabble challenge, I was unsure of what to expect. It's a complicated game, I said, with all those triple and double points to add up.

I told her I'd take it easy, but I just couldn't help choosing QUOTA. Opportunity arose to explain HENNA and OVA, and I was frankly unembarrassed to look the word BOUT up.

We learned alot that day, a game played between reading and writing. Next match has me excited though, she knows I'm a challenge...READY, SET,...hold it.

Okay, I spelled POO, (she added the 'L'.)
Just wanted to prove that I knowed it.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

arielle loves scrabble too! we like the travel version where the letters click into place. cause we're clutzy over here.

The Blonde Duck said...

I've actually never played scrabble.