Monday, February 16, 2009

All Diabetes, All the Time

Not the best move for blog stats, unless you want a buncha diabetics hanging around. Or worse, recipe thieving new mothers searching frantically for that elusive, yet possible meal plan. Truth is, I haven't much choice in the matter.

Either I redirect my energies fully into the reality that's now come upon us, or I pretend it's no bother. Healthy eating and being cool with diabetes takes time.

No, no, no...plenty of energy left to keep dominating the Momversation, worry ye not. And my friends on the sidebar, always and forever will be. Now those of you who haven't left comments of sympathy, too busy eating sugar and enjoying the high life, who needs ya.

Kidding, losers! I'm too busy becoming a nutritionist and chef to let poor upbringings bother me.

7 comments:

Chris said...

I was wondering how it was going with the shots. Is she being brave and handling it or are you chasing her around the house? You'd be chasin' MY ass for sure!!!

Jess Kiley said...

It's getting better, a week in and it's almost routine. Luckily the needles are almost as thin as a hair, so they really don't hurt all that much.

Easy to say when I'm not on the receiving end! But everytime she says, "that wasn't so bad" it's like a small victory. I usually sing a silly song to distract her.

Thanks for asking, Chris!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about your blog stats. Your fans will always stick by you. I read up a little more about Type I diabetes and I'm trying to give you some strength through the internet waves.

I hope that blogging about it will make it easier or help you connect with other parents in the same situation who can give some helpful advice.

I wish I can give you some advice but I don't have experience with diabetes. What I can give you is friendship in a blogger.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning...followed you here from Momversation. Looks like you have a lot going on right now but based on your posts...looks like you are a "Warrior Mom" who can take anything on with STRENGTH AND ENURDANCE! I'll be back to check in! ButtercupShawn

momranoutscreaming said...

I'm sure it's all you can think about right now but don't worry. We're still here. Let me know if I can help with recipes at all. I have a little (self taught) experience with alternative foods and sweeteners. You'll be fine and so will she.
Kellie

Jess Kiley said...

You guys are a breath of fresh air. I'm joking about the stats, it's just hard to think about anything else these first weeks! I really appreciate the positive waves, and support. I'm totally feeling it, thanks!

Jess Kiley said...

Kellie, I'm kind of lost when it comes to all the fructose, sucralose, and other "-oses". Which are most feared among alternative dieters, and which ones are simply scary names for healthy sugars? And sugar alcohol, are you familiar with that? Thanks!!