Sunday, December 21, 2008

Outlet Love

Before you read any further, I should warn you. My husband has all the taste genes in the family. Sure, I've learned a thing or two about classic design and quality, but I can't help tending towards the kitchy every now and again.



Take these mugs for instance, I long for my children to present me with one bearing "World's Greatest Teacher", while my husband raises his eyebrows at the mere thought of such paraphanalia cluttering up our cabinets.

And though I'd never stoop to such nostalgia as wearing an actual embroidered holiday sweater (unless my friend was the artist), I still long to celebrate my tea drinking with the appropriate seasonal cup.



Now, this one's a little harder to explain.

It's ceramic, or terra cotta rather, and if you knew my friend Jay, and his taste for the eclectic, you'd totally understand why such rustic realism rubs off on me.

Plus these vases, lest you mistake them for sculpture...I can't imagine celebrating next autumn harvest without owning a pair.



Which brings to mind Jason, Jay's partner in Abode design (seriously, check out his apartment). He's all about big presentation in the smallest of spaces.

These mirrors, he would totally respect.



Of course I have my thing for metalwork, Grandma's cookware,



...and imagined trips around the world with good friends.

8 comments:

Alexis AKA MOM said...

My hubby would do the same face, I love those mugs. Hey they can be put away in a cupboard ;).

Thanks for checking out my blog!

Tiffany said...

Stopping by from SITS. I'm a fellow homeschooler and a friend of Beverly's. Nice to find your blog.

Pat said...

HI
I have been stopping by all the time now, love your comments on momversation
Happy Holidays
Pat

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Thanks they actually turned out pretty good this year. We won't mention what they looked like a few years ago. Let's just say that I ended up going to bed and hubby cut up (yes I said cut) the premade tube version :)

Judah said...

hi, just stopping in after you visited my blog. not sure how you found me, but thanks for visiting

Shonda Little said...

Love that green bowl with the radish. It is totally retrofabulous.

The Blonde Duck said...

Just wanted to stop in and say hi!

Heather said...

i love those mirrors! and i have the green food storage container from crate and barrel. i love it. it is so versatile and very "drop hearty". it has also successfully transported soups, pastas and other messy messy foods in my fam suede coach brief case with not even a drop leaking out. i would buy a million more!!