Tuesday, June 2, 2009

From Meandering to Marveling

That was a short drive, and we'll get the ice cream later. This nausea, not my best friend, and to think I was sure it was birthed by conflict. Believed that for a few uncertain weeks. Nope, conflict can still exist and be less nauseating than enlightening. I'm sitting in it, and truly, I don't mind it a bit.

It's blowing my mind, and can't say with certainty I know where I'm heading. But definitely not backwards, that's the only thing that's impossible at this point. I like waking up, it's like wow, I didn't know I could have those feelings. Nothing crazy or out of the ordinary, just a clearer view of my whole life, and all the things I'd been seeing wrongly.

It's a relief to have made that mistake all my life, only because the realization that I can fix it gives me even more to focus on that's important. I wish I had someone to share all my insights. Just random things like, yeah, I can stare Ethiopia's starving children in the face, and think bigger.

It would break my heart of course, I'm not afraid of that either. G'head, break my heart I dare you. It's easier to see anyway, and for that I must thank you.

No comments: